Monday, January 23, 2012

Downhill from here

It seems that this adventure of mine has been off to a bumpy start. First, the trip getting here wasn't as smooth as it could have been. Then this bizarre ankle injury and now I've spent the last two days struggling with a fever, headache and the stomach bug from hell. So I'm banking on the fact that things inevitably change and its bound to turn around at some point. My recent sickness has at least kept me off my feet for a few days and thus sped along my ankle recovery. The swelling has gone down a great deal and the bruising gets more spectacular every day.



The problem with being laid up in bed is that I don't have much of any consequence to write about. Unless anyone is interested in hearing about old espisodes of American tv series such as Gossip Girl, House, or Dexter....I haven't been up to much lately. One thing I did learn is that there is a great little shop in town that sells any pirated movie, television series, etc. that you could ever want for a little over $1 a piece. It makes up for the fact that all the cable here, while free in most apartments and homes, is completely in Laos.

I have also been brainstorming some way to repay the wonderful woman (essentially my boss) who has taken me to the hospital in Thailand, played doctor to my ankle and stomach, and taken me into her home where she cooks and takes care of me. Not sure if I will ever find anything appropriate to repay that steep debt but if you have any thoughts, I'm all ears.

Hopefully life will get more interesting when I'm back on two feet!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Toad, I think the only way to repay that kind of friendship is to " be there " if she ever needs you.It's not always easy being a true friend

    ReplyDelete