Thursday, April 12, 2012

Damn Hot!

Somehow when people talk about the hot season coming....it just never really prepares you. Perhaps this explains why things move so slowly in Laos....everyone is just too damn hot to do anything at a normal rate. Standing outside causes you to break into a sweat almost immediately....even in the shade.

I know my walk to the gym (normally a ten minute stroll) has turned into a week long voyage across the Sahara. By the end I'm usually crawling, seeing mirages, and crying out for water and a camel. Good thing there's AC at the other end.

I guess I should have known when the country celebrates it's new year with pouring ice cold water on each other. Something about inviting the Monsoon season....which by the way is pretty intense. My palm tree in the backyard has taken multiple tumbles already....poor little tree. The nice aspect of the Monsoon is that it cools everything off, albeit briefly. Lots of thunder and lightening though and apparently nothing in Laos is grounded. So instead they cut power when they know lightening is coming. Doesn't seem incredibly reliable to me but alas. Hunker down and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment