Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things I am Thankful For Today

Electrified tennis racquets for killing mosquitos - definitely need to import these to the US
Hammocks
Singha soda water
Tuk tuk drivers who speak English
Sunsets over the Mekong
Aircon
The availability of tasty cheeses in the falang markets
Great new friends
A wonderful new housemate
Sinhs (the skirts I wear to work)
The endless variety of tasty cheap foods
Beerlao
Sunshine....every day
Skype - which makes the world feel so very much smaller
Lovely family and friends who write and call
Laos patience for stupid falang like myself
My kindle
Sticky rice
COPE ice cream
Sane working hours
A healing ankle
That I wake most mornings to the sound of gongs from the neighboring temple
Monks in orange robes
The Laos pace of life
Meditation
Yoga

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try to awaken each day with a "thankful for" list. Great idea. Don't know what aircon is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Airconditioning....essential come hot season.

      Delete