Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Living Laos Style

I finally got around to taking some pictures of my new casa.....I must say I think I found a pretty special spot. And we have two guest rooms for visitors :). Yes, that's an open invitation....




This is my house, view from the front gait. Note the giant wagon wheel hanging on the wall.

Sunset. This is a little hut that the monks sit in to meditate and
watch the sun go down over the Mekong. Feels a bit like my own
asian paradise.

My porch, perfect for beerlao and watching the sunset. Mosquitos can be a pain
but repellant does wonders and it's well worth it.
The Buddhist Wat next door. Yes, they do wake me every morning at 6 am
with the morning bells....and occasionally at 4 am.....but it's well worth it to
have such a beautiful temple next door and the bells are quite pretty as well.
 <><>
<>
<><>
The stairwell....I love the wooden parts of the house. So beautiful.

My living room. I love the lamp on the right....looks like a little man.

A little R&R on the deck.
How picturesque is this? Have you bought your ticket to come visit yet?
The Mekong is such an amazing river....I love the stillness of it.
The temple next door has these great little table and chairs where you can
sit and overlook the river or watch the sunset. There are often monks sitting here
as well. They are happy to chat and practice their English.

1 comment: