Saturday, June 23, 2012

Celebrating 29 years of life

Another successful year completed! Celebrating year 29 Laos style. Luckily, I have acquired some wonderful new girlfriends who gladly helped me celebrate. The staff at work got together and bought me an amazing cheesecake and then helped me eat it!



Who doesn't love a small Saturday/birthday cake celebration?  Had a wonderful day with things going right at work, getting support from our new director on some key issues. 

That evening, some of my girlfiriends took me out for a wonderful dinner at a fancy little French restaurant in town. It's down this beautiful little alley that is by far the most quaint part of Vientiane. It almost feels as if you're in a little European neighborhood. There isn't much reason to get all gussied up in Laos, so we took full advantage and pulled out the dresses and heels.

Five lovely ladies at a beautiful little French restaurant called Anasara. Left to Right; Temali, Ilona, Kerryn, myself and Zoe.



The girls all pitched in and bought me a cute little handbag and some new silver earrings. 


Cheers to 29 years!!!



After dinner, we went out to see some live music. A band call Frogs Electro Rock at a little French cafe. You couldn't quite imagine that you were anywhere but Laos. The heat didn't help one bit with it being nearly unbearable to actually step foot inside the venue. But it was nice to hear some music and a good end to wonderful birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment